5th Sunday Food Drive Kicks Off 2021
January 31st is the first 5th Sunday Food Drive of 2021. This is the perfect time to kick-off supporting your community in the new year.
Our 5th Sunday Food Drives – a donation effort spearheaded by Olive Baptist Church members – are a vital foundation of support for the Ministry Village Tender Hearts Caring Hands Food Pantry. Tender Hearts Caring Hands was one of the few food pantries that operated throughout the peak of the pandemic during 2020. “It was a challenge to keep items stocked,” said Kathleen Schuster, Director of THCH. “Fortunately, we had tremendous support from our dedicated volunteers and donors throughout the year.”
2020 was a record-breaking year for assistance provided to the community, with more than 50 families per month receiving assistance throughout the year. Families who never before needed help with food were asking for help. So many of our neighbors were impacted by the financial shutdowns and hurricane damage in 2020. Though the devastation is heartbreaking, these times present an opportunity for all of us to be able to show the love of Jesus to our neighbors and help them see that He can provide for their needs.
Deuteronomy 31:8 says, “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” The Tender Hearts Caring Hands food pantry provides us an opportunity to demonstrate God’s care to others. We have a chance to show God’s love to our community every single day. Let’s show our world WHO Jesus is.
- The 5th Sunday Food Drive will be accepting donations on Sunday, January 31st at Olive Baptist Church. Tables will be setup for collection in the foyer, the ROC, and the preschool.
- All nonperishable items are accepted. Items that are in high need, especially during these cold winter months, include grits, dried beans, and oatmeal.
- The Tender Hearts Caring Hands Food Pantry accepts donations Monday through Friday, from 9AM to 2PM at the Ministry Village at Olive office (1716 E. Olive Road). Donations of nonperishable food items and travel-size hygiene items are accepted. Financial donations are appreciated and go toward purchasing the items THCH distributes each day. Supporters can also make purchases through Amazon and items can be shipped directly to the Ministry Village at Olive office.
- The Tender Hearts Caring Hands Food Pantry provides food Monday-Friday from 10AM to 12noon at the Ministry Village office (1716 E. Olive Road). The most up-to-date drive-thru hours are posted on the Ministry Village at Olive Facebook page. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work diligently to meet everyone’s needs while following CDC safety guidelines.
- To donate financially to Tender Hearts Caring Hands or any Ministry Village program, click here. Financial donations are also appreciated and go toward purchasing the items THCH distributes each day.
The mission of Ministry Village at Olive is to put the words of Jesus into action throughout our community – “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40, NIV) If you are looking for a place to demonstrate kindness to others for the glory of God, give us a call at 850-473-4466. We have opportunities through the Bargain Center; at our Tender Hearts Caring Hands benevolence program and food pantry; through the Most Excellent Way addiction support groups; at the Charis House; and at the Ministry Village Early Learning Center.
Tender Hearts Caring Hands is MVO’s benevolence program, providing family food bags as well as financial assistance including rent and utilities to those who qualify. THCH is also a lifeline to a large number of homeless men and women in the area who depend greatly on the hygiene bags and ready-to-eat food items THCH provides.