Pack the Pantry for Tender Hearts Caring Hands
It’s time to PACK THE PANTRY! Our Tender Hearts Caring Hands food pantry is almost empty, so this quarter, we’re giving you TWO SUNDAYS to donate! Bring your items to Olive Baptist Church on Sunday, May 23rd and Sunday, May 30th to help us stock the shelves and feed our community.
The 5th Sunday Food Drives – a donation effort spearheaded by Olive Baptist Church members – are a vital foundation of support for the Ministry Village Tender Hearts Caring Hands Food Pantry. Tender Hearts Caring Hands was one of the few food pantries that operated throughout the peak of the pandemic during 2020. Working with local and regional organizations, Ministry Village also spearheaded several community food distribution programs when the shutdown had many people out of work and struggling to make ends meet.
As life slowly returns to normal, the additional financial assistance and frequent food giveaways throughout Northwest Florida have begun to disappear, shifting the burden of providing food to those in need back to local food pantries like Tender Hearts Caring Hands. When the food pantry is low on donations, ministry funds must go toward purchasing food items to bridge the gap. “We haven’t had a food drive since January, so the pantry is bare,” said Kathie Schuster, Program Director for THCH. “It is a blessing to be able to minister to our clients each day.” The families and individuals who come for help are thankful and relieved to see that they won’t go hungry. In addition to providing food, Kathie’s team also encourages each client and offers to pray for them, offering hope at a time that many feel afraid and alone. “It’s always a wonderful opportunity for us to be able to show the love of Jesus to our neighbors and help them see that He can provide for their needs.”
The Tender Hearts Caring Hands food pantry provides us a daily opportunity to demonstrate God’s care to others. We have a chance to show God’s love to our community every single day. Let’s show our world WHO Jesus is.
- The 4TH AND 5TH Sunday Food Drive will be accepting donations on Sunday, May 23RD AND SUNDAY, MAY 30TH at Olive Baptist Church. Tables will be setup for collection in the foyer, the ROC, and the preschool.
- All nonperishable items are accepted. Items that are in high need include CANNED MEAT (TUNA/CHICKEN/SPAM), PEANUT BUTTER, & SPAGHETTI SAUCE.
- The Tender Hearts Caring Hands Food Pantry accepts donations Monday through Friday, from 9AM to 2PM at the Ministry Village at Olive office (1716 E. Olive Road). Donations of nonperishable food items and travel-size hygiene items are accepted. Financial donations are appreciated and go toward purchasing the items THCH distributes each day. Supporters can also make purchases through Amazon and items can be shipped directly to the Ministry Village at Olive office.
- The Tender Hearts Caring Hands Food Pantry provides food Monday-Friday from 10AM to 12noon at the Ministry Village office (1716 E. Olive Road). The most up-to-date hours or changes are posted on the Ministry Village at Olive Facebook page. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work diligently to meet everyone’s needs while following CDC safety guidelines.
- To donate financially to Tender Hearts Caring Hands or any Ministry Village program, click here.