Volunteers Needed – How You Can Make a Difference
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”
How many times have you heard about a need and thought, “Somebody should do something about that!”? Well, now here’s your chance to be the do-er.
Ministry Village at Olive serves a variety of needs throughout our community every day –
- the food pantry and financial assistance through Tender Hearts Caring Hands,
- the ladies residential addiction recovery program at the Charis House,
- addiction support and jail ministry through Most Excellent Way,
- childcare and early learning at the Ministry Village Early Learning Center, and
- gently used, high-quality merchandise at bargain center prices for the purpose of generating financial support for the MVO programs and providing assistance to the community through the Ministry Village Bargain Center.
Each of these programs relies on volunteer support – people who thought, “Somebody should do something about that!”…and then did!
What if you are the next “somebody” that could make a difference at Ministry Village? Here’s how you can help.
Tender Hearts Caring Hands needs volunteers to –
- Pickup weekly food donations from the Publix near Milestone (at Pine Forest Road and 9 Mile Road) and deliver to our office on Olive Road.
- Organize donations made to the food pantry and sort into family food bags.
- Gather information from clients over the phone.
Contact Kathie Schuster at (850) 475-1118 (KSchuster@MinistryVillage.org) for more information on serving through Tender Hearts Caring Hands.
MV Bargain Center needs volunteers to –
- Sort and organize donations.
- Work the sales floor.
Contact Julie Paden (850) 912-8222 (JPaden@mvbargaincenter.com) for more information on serving through the Ministry Village Bargain Center.
Charis House needs volunteers to –
- Lead weekly devotions with the ladies in treatment.
- Provide transportation to ladies who need to get to work or school.
- Walk in the mornings with the ladies for exercise.
If you are interested in serving the Charis House, contact Debbe Jefcoat at (850) 475-1116 or DJefcoat@MinistryVillage.org for more information on serving through Charis House.
All volunteers through Ministry Village at Olive, Inc. must be properly interviewed and screened. Depending on the program and position, volunteers must also undergo background screening and be properly trained by MVO staff. While we are deeply appreciative for any and all support, it is our primary responsibility to those we serve to protect them and their privacy, and we do not take that responsibility lightly. Those interested in serving through MVO should contact the appropriate program manager to discuss opportunities and the necessary requirements. We appreciate your understanding.