Clay Shoot Fundraiser Sets New Record
The weather was a blessing for this year’s 3rd Annual Ministry Village Clay Shoot on October 5. As the sun glistened on the Santa Rosa Shooting Center, more than 120 participants were ready to out-shoot each other, fellowship and raise money for Ministry Village. This year’s event sold-out its team slots with shooters from all over the Panhandle competing for bragging rights, a cash prize and the winner’s travelling trophy. All proceeds from the tournament, including raffles and auction items, benefitted the Ministry Village Charis House, a residential faith-based ministry for women struggling with addiction.
This year’s first place team was Ashton & Company, followed by second place team (and defending champions) Bob Price Jr. Builders. Prizes were also awarded to the shooter with the highest score, the lowest score, and the top junior shooter. This year’s clay shoot had 5 junior shooters, and Tom Hasting, General Manager of the Santa Rosa Shooting Center, celebrated their participation by awarding each of them with a special prize and an invitation to come back to the shooting center for another round.
In addition to the tournament prizes, this year’s Clay Shoot offered a number of raffle and auction prizes totaling nearly $7,000 including
- 2 Quail Hunts at the Churchhouse Branch Quail Preserve in Barrineau Park
- A 3-day Deer Hunt including food and lodging at the Blackbelt Hunting Lodge in Sardis, Alabama
- 25 Quart Bayou Classic Tan Cooler
- Pit Boss Pro Series 4 Vertical Wood Pellet Smoker
- Bayou Classic 4 Gallon Bayou Fryer, and
- Winner’s Choice Raffle of a $2,000 Rifle.
Ministry Village Board Members Bob Price Jr., Stephen Newsome and Clint Holmes were led by Board Member and Event Chair Charles Terrell Kelley to set a tournament fundraising record for the Ministry Village Clay Shoot. Thanks to the participants, sponsors and donors, this year’s event raised enough to fund all expenses for an entire year in the program for 3 women!
The Santa Rosa Shooting Center has been the host site every year for the Ministry Village Clay Shoot. The Santa Rosa Shooting Center offers an all-inclusive shooting complex experience including areas for Sporting Clays, Skeet, Trap, Wobble Trap, 5-Stand and a Rifle and Pistol range. Their property off Quintette Road in Milton, Florida, provides a fantastic course for the sporting clays tournament as well as a covered pavilion for our morning kick-off and safety meeting and our post-tournament lunch, awards and auction.
Stay tuned for next year’s event as we Shoot for Grace, and help women struggling with addiction.
Ministry Village at Olive and the MVO Board of Directors wish to recognize and thank all of those who supported the 3rd Annual Ministry Village Clay Shoot.
- Clint Holmes Automotive
- Supreme Paper
- Ready Mix USA
- BlackBelt Hunting Lodge
- Arcadia Culverts
- Williams-Brown Inc.
- MKM Mechanical
- Guernsey & Associates
- Patterson Dental
- Acest Property Management LLC
- PlumberSmith Inc.
- Deep South Crane Rentals Inc.
- Ashton & Company
- J. Dean Construction
- Bob Price Jr. Builder
- Nelson Plumbing Contractors
- Andrew Flock
- Judy Odom Bookkeeping
- Environmental Security of Okaloosa
- Stephen B. Newsome DMD PA
- Southern Home & Construction Inc.
- William T. Barnes
- Hual Electric
- Superior Granite
- Eastburn Woodworks Inc.
- Heaton Brothers Construction Company
Coastal Orthodontics PLLC
- Birkshire Johnstone LLC
- Timber Contractors Inc.
- Outcast Bait & Tackle
- A Cut Above Tree Care Inc.
- Dr. Larry Morris
- Heath Kelly Construction LLC
- Jan Langford
- Keller Construction Company
- Kirkland McGhee & Gann PA
- Kelly Rentals
- Companion Animal Clinic
- Jerry & Linda Wood
- Harvesters Federal Credit Union
- Steven Barry, Escambia County Commissioner
- TEL Staffing & HR
- Carpenter’s Campers
- Churchhouse Branch Quail Preserve
- Lowes Airport Boulevard
- Gene’s Floor Covering
- The Sluder Family
- Cracker Barrel Pine Forest Road
- Tracey Burgess, Graphic Design
For more pictures of all the fun at the 3rd Annual Ministry Village Clay Shoot, visit our Facebook event photo album.